The Indian Continuous Discharge Certificate or C.D.C. as it is popularly referred has been a scourge for many aspiring seafarers. We at Travco Holidays Pvt. Ltd. assist the seafarers in obtaining their Indian CDC without any hassle at a very reasonable cost.
Why is Indian CDC required?
- All seafarers (Indian nationals) will no longer be able to fly out of the country to join ships without valid STCW training and an Indian CDC. Hence it is mandatory for every seafarer to hold one to make it possible to join duty onboard.
- As per the Directorate General of Shipping ‘s(DGS) new rule, the seafarer’s Indian CDC number which is entered in the DGS website page e-Governance is accessible to the immigration officers at all airports in India.
Who is eligible for an Indian CDC?
- Crew registered via recruiting and placement service supplier must hold Directorate General (DG) approved STCW 2010 and INDOS number can apply for an Indian Seaman’s Book.
- Crew must have completed minimum qualification of SSC (10TH STD) and should be medically fit.
When can an Indian CDC application be refused?
- Crew who submit certificates for training completed on board are not recognized by DGS.
- Incorrect information updated on the profile maintained by DGS.
- Data on STCW Certificates, 10th Standard mark sheet and medicals do not match the Indian Passport.
Documents required for obtaining an Indian CDC:
The first step in this process is for you to obtain an Indian National Database of Seafarers (INDOS) number, which you will receive once you get the following STCW Certificates in India from a DGS-Approved Maritime Training Institute. Following that, the below documents will be required to obtain an Indian CDC.
- Indian Passport.
- Indian National Database of Seafarers (INDOS) number.
- STCW Certificates issued by a DGS-approved Maritime Training Institute in India (proficiency in Elementary First Aid (EFA), Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FPFF), Personal Survival Techniques (PST), Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (PSSR), Security Training for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties (STSDSD).
- A valid ILO Medical and Annexure IV medical fitness certificate.
- SSC (10th Standard) mark sheet.
- Photograph as per specification of DGS.
Our Indian CDC Services include the following:
- Online form-filling assistance.
- Evaluation of documents.
- Scanning and upload of documents as per the requirement of DGS.
- Online payment assistance.
- Follow up and tracking of status online on successful submission.
Our mission is to ensure that all our valued customers’ documents are processed timely and efficiently with zero trouble to the client. All you need to do is submit the required documents and we will take care of the rest.
To help us evaluate your enquiry please complete and submit the enquiry form with complete information