Overseas Citizen of India
Who is eligible to apply for Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)?
- A person who is a citizen of another country, but was a citizen of India at the time of, or at any time after, the commencement of the constitution; or
- A person who is a citizen of another country, but was eligible to become a citizen of India at the time of the commencement of the constitution; or
- A person who is a citizen of another country, but belonged to a territory that become part of India after the 15th day of August, 1947; or
- A person who is a child or a grand-child or a great grand-child of such a citizen, or
- A person who is minor child of a person mentioned in clause (a); or
- A person who is a minor child, and whose both parents are citizen of India or one of parents is a citizen of India; or
- Spouse of foreign origin of a citizen of India or spouse of foreign origin of an overseas citizen of India card holder registered under section 7 A, Citizenship Act, 1955 and whose marriage has been registered and subsisted for a continuous period of not less than two years.
Who is not eligible for Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)?
- A person who is a Citizen of Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- A person whose parents/Grandparents/Great Grandparents is or had been a citizen of Pakistan, Bangladesh or such other country.
- Spouse of foreign origin of a citizen of India or spouse of foreign origin of an overseas citizen of India card holder registered under section 7 A, Citizenship Act, 1955 and whose marriage has been registered and subsisted for a continuous period of less than two years.
Requirements for obtaining Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI):
- Foreign / Portuguese Passport
- Valid Indian entry visa X-1 category
- Indian immigration entry stamp page of the passport
- Indian cancelled passport
- Indian passport surrender certificate
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate, birth certificate and copy of the passport of spouse (if married)
- Assento de Nascimento (In case of a Portuguese National)
- Aadhaar card (if available)
- OCI of family members (if any)
- 4 Photographs (Light background (Strictly not white / cream), 51 x 51 mm, 80% Face Area)
- Demand Draft for Rs. 15000/- in favor of: PAY & ACCOUNTS OFFICER (SECRETARIAT) MHA Payable at New Delhi
Our OCI Application Services include the following:
- Online form-filling assistance.
- Scan and upload of documents as per requirement of FRRO.
- Assistance in obtaining an Indian Visa (for applicants currently in India).
- Assistance in cancellation of Indian passport on acquiring different nationality.
- Assistance in obtaining Surrender Certificate from the regional passport office on surrendering existing Indian passport.
- Follow up and tracking of status online on successful submission.
Travco Holidays Pvt. Ltd. provides the best OCI application services in Goa. Our mission is to ensure that all our valued customers’ documents are processed timely and efficiently with zero trouble to the client. All you need to do is to submit the required documents and we will take care of the rest.
To help us evaluate your enquiry please complete and submit the enquiry form with complete information